Friday, January 1, 2010

Bookabella Bookmark Card



For my 50th birthday, one of my friends gave me a bookmark card, which I thought was a fabulous idea, and I've been going to case the idea ever since!

I bought this cute Bookabella stamp by Stampingbella with the intention of giving it a go and today was the day to try it out :)

I used navy blue CS for the base card and SU DSP for the front panel and backing on the bookmark. The finished size of the card is approx 8" x 4"

For the bookmark I stamped onto SU Whisper White and coloured with Copics. The Best Wishes is a rub-on sentiment from Kaiser.

Before adhering the front panel to the base card I marked where the slits needed to be cut, to hold the bookmark in place, and then cut them with a scalpel. I was careful to use narrow d/s tape around the edges so that it didn't block getting the bookmark corners completely into the slits :) (The bookmark tucks into the front panel only so that the corners sit between the card base and the front panel)

This was a really quick and easy card once the colouring was done and what I like about it is that it won't be put away in a drawer and forgotten...the bulk of the work in the card, the bookmark, will hopefully be put to good use and used for a long time :)

A girl can never have too many bookmarks!

1 comment:

Anjou Krelovich said...

How cute this is! Love the idea and your bookmark is ooooohhh so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails