Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flowers Galore!

This week at Michelle Perkett Studio we are having a Flowers Galore challenge.  Most of the time I really struggle with embellishing my projects...and especially with flowers! I love them on everyone else's projects but don't seem to be happy when I try them on mine :(  Perhaps it's because I do mainly 3D projects, not cards?? Anyhow, this is what I came up with for my DT project for challenge #30 :


This is a storage jar for flower embellies...now my BIGGEST challenge will be to use the flowers I've made to put in it lol! When we had our Earth Day blog hop, my lovely friend Helen came up with this idea but didn't use it...so I asked her if she would mind me making one of these for one of our challenges...thanks Helen...*waving* :)

The jar is a recycled Moccona coffee jar. I have a number of these that I've collected from friends over the years as they make fantastic pantry storage jars. I decided to use Michelle's beautiful Lily image...available from her Etsy shop HERE, along with lots of other gorgeous art :) Lily was printed onto Xpress Graphx blending card and coloured with Copics. Sections were highlighted with glitter pen...I'm having a frustrating time with my clear Spica pen, which I used for the wings, as I can't seem to get it to flow properly. I was quite disappointed with it on this image as it has blurred some of the wings :(  Lily's 'leaves' were coated with glaze pen for a little dimension. She has been cut out and popped up on foam dots. The orb behind her has been cut from JAC paper and glittered with AED Golden Sunset superfine glitter, then adhered to the jar. I scattered a few rhinestone flowers around the completed image.

For the lid I wanted to make an organza embroidered flower with my embroidery machine.  I photo'd it before I put it in the lid so it's easier to see :)


Then I set to work to make some flowers to put in the jar...some are crocheted, using different fibres, the fluffy paper ones have been created with my SU scallop circle punch and scraps of DP, and the others are punched shapes, layered to make the flower. I had fun making the flowers...now let's see if I can bring myself to put them on something LOL!

Here's a close up of Lily:


This is a fun challenge...I hope you'll come and join us this week and show us what you can do with a 'galore' of flowers :)

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Lynne, your jar is gorgeous! I love all the flower embellishments.

Robyn said...

Lynne, this is fabulous. I love how you colored the image. She's beautiful and really stands out on the jar. Another creative idea from you. You're amazing!

Michelle said...

Lynne!! This is gorgeous!! What a great idea and so wonderfully done!! What a perfect jar! I LOVE how you colored Lily especially her dress and love all the flowers!! Beautiful and creative job, Lynne!! Thank you for another week of creative inspiration!!:)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness Lynne, this is gorgeous. I love all the flowers you put in it also. TFS.

Kathy Czygan said...

Wow Lynn this is a lovely project! You colored Lily so beautifully, and I love the orb behind her. This jar is awesome! Love the display of the flower in the lid! All of your handmade flowers are so pretty! Love this!

ileana said...

Hi Lynne! I love this jar so much!! and I love all the flowers you made, the organza one is gorgeous! Your coloring on Lily is beautiful, I like how you used those two shades of green. I love the idea, thanks for sharing it! Hugs,

Nancy said...

Lovely project, Lynne:O) Look at all those fantastic beautiful flowers, WOW hun!!:)
Sorry, but sometimes it goes too fast over here, lol. I used the "Spirograph" DP from Kaiser:O) Thank you for pointing it out;O)
Have a brilliant week.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails