Monday, May 17, 2010

In The Dog House


The challenge this week at Michelle Perkett Studio is "Distressing Techniques". It's definitely not my strong point! I'm Little Miss Neat LOL! I'm slowly getting better with free-form work but mostly I have to have balance and symmetry. I love the look on everyone else's work but can never quite manage to mess my stuff up a bit! So this was a real challenge for me...and there's really not THAT much distressing on my project, compared to some of the other wonderful entries this week.

I had the idea for this door hanger when I did the door hanger challenge, as a bit of a laugh. We have a beautiful beagle boy called Barney, who can be quite naughty at times :) Mostly he is good these days...thank goodness...but when he was a puppy there were a few days where hubby came home to "we're putting an ad in the paper and selling him!!" I wouldn't part with him really...we love him to bits :)

For the hanger I used CM brown CS for the base and Kaiser DP from the Country Grove collection. The caption is computer generated.  I used Michelle's Jasper for Barney...he's the closest I could come to a beagle (thanks Michelle!)...and tried to colour him as close as possible to Barney's colouring...not the easiest task lol! Especially when the image is only 2" high!!!! The kennel is Coredinations from the Vintage collection, embossed with a Fiskars texture plate and sanded back to look like aged timber. The iron roof is CM silver CS, put through a crimper and sanded lightly. All the pieces have been chalked to add a little more dimension and aging. "Barney" aka Jasper, has been cut out and raised on thin dots. The kennel has been popped up with thick foam dots. Then I summoned up all my courage and inked the edges of the DP with a sponge and SU Close to Cocoa ink. Phew...I did it :)

Here's a close up of the cute doggie..........


There's still a day left to play with this challenge, so hop on over to Michelle's challenge site and join in the fun. There are lots of beautiful images to play with in her Etsy shop HERE.

10 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Lynne, what a gorgeous door hanger. I just love how you've made the little house for the diggie. TFS.

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Lynne
I love this door hanger, it's just too cute for words, love the distressing.

H2 :) said...

Hi Lynne

Barney (aka Jasper) is gorgeous!! I'm so proud of you & all that non-neat distressing!! Love it, love it, love it!

Hugs :)

Michelle said...

Lynne, this is so adorable and SO creative!! I love how you colored little Jasper, (oh, I mean, Barney!!:) I love the brown and white!! And I love his wooden doghouse!! Hope Barney stays out of the doghouse and behaves himself!! Thanks, Lynne!! I love your distressed entry this week!!:)

Robyn said...

Lynne, I just love this. Your so creative!!!

Kathy Czygan said...

This is so cute Lynn! Barney looks so cute and a little mischieveous! You really gave him a gorgeous little house! Very creative!

Pattie G said...

Lynne, this is sooo cute! I love the way you displayed it too.

Hugs
Pattie

Fotf said...

So cute Lynne :)

Tammy said...

OMG...this is just too cute!!! I love your coloring on this and I think the distressing is perfect with this door hanger. Kinda like naughty Barney came home with diry feet!! LOVE IT!!!!

ileana said...

Oh Lynne!! this is so cute!!!! love how you made Barney´s house! The distressing of the paper is great!
I know how you feel about letting you get loose a bit because for me it´s the same, it´s very hard sometimes, but try it one day, just to taste the feeling you get afterwards. Big hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails