Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beach Babe...

WOW...we are up to challenge #32 already at Michelle Perkett Studio...my how time flies when you're having fun lol!! The theme for this week's challenge is Summer...here is my DT project:


I chose to make a photo frame and use Michelle's new, very cute, Penny...available at her Etsy shop HERE.  Thanks Michelle...gorgeous Penny arrived with perfect timing for this challenge :)

The 10" square wooden frame is from Kaiser and has been painted with navy blue craft paint. Penny was printed onto Xpress Graphx blending card and coloured with Copics. Her bathers have been highlighted with dimensional glaze (have to have shiny lycra bathers!!) and her floatie ring has been highlighted with a glaze pen.  Penny has been cut out and popped up on foam dots.

The DP is Kinder Cosmic from Francheville.  I made the water and sand by printing out a photo of the ocean and a rock wall, taken on our trip to the beach at Christmas. Then I cut them to size...and I even TORE and inked the 'sand' paper!!!! Our distressing challenge has inspired me to loosen up a bit lol!

The beach bag, shell and starfish are 3D stickers from K & Co. I cut the caption with my KNK Maxx from a sheet of 6" Basic Grey DP and inked the edges with a Copic marker.

A close up of cute little Penny:


Our weather is getting colder by the day here, as we head into winter. I'm one of those odd people who love winter. I was sooo over our hot summer this year...I don't like the heat.....so the cooler weather is very welcome! This little frame is the only sort of sun & sand I'm interested in for a few months :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lynne, this is so precious!! I love your frame and how you colored little Penny!! What a great setting for the little beach babe!! I love it!! You did such an amazing job, Lynne!! Thank you so much!!:)

ileana said...

Ohh Lynne!! this is so cute! and so clever of you to make a photo frame :-) I love that idea so I might use it sometime. I like the way you used real photos to make the papers! another great idea :-D
Love how you colored Penny! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails