Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sleepytime Fairy Step Card

This week the theme for challenge #36 at Michelle Perkett Studio is to make a stair step card.  My DT card for this challenge is another baby card...nearly there lol!! Only one more to go at this stage and I'm done with baby cards for a while...I hope :)



I chose the very cute Sleepytime Fairy from Michelle's Etsy Shop for my card, printed her onto Xpress Graphx blending card and coloured with Copics. She was then highlighted with glitter pens. The image background is sponged with SU Bashful Blue. CS is SU Pale Plum & Perfect Plum...2 of my favourite SU colours and they've deleted one of them from the range...not fair!! I bought a pkt of each, which should last me for a while :) DP is from Kaiser Lilac Ave collection. SU punches were used for the lace borders, oval and scallop oval mounts. All wording is computer generated.

The tutorial for this card is HERE on Dawn Griffith's site. I like this variation on the stair card and it has a good size panel for the image.

Close up of the cute fairy:


I hope you'll come and play along with us this week and show us what amazing stair cards you create :)

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Lynne, this is just beautiful! I love how you stamped the background. You always make it look so easy.

Michelle said...

Oh, Lynne, this is so gorgeous! What a beautiful baby card! I love how you colored the Sleepytime fairy and the glitter all around the edges! What lovely details and so professional looking! Hallmark will be calling you, soon, Lynne! Thank you for your amazing inspiration this week, Lynne!:)

H2 :) said...

Another beautiful creation Lynne! Love your colouring, especially the moonlit glow around the fairy. So sweet. Hugs :)

Ellis said...

Beautiful card, thanks for the link to the tutorial! =)

Hugs, Elenor

Kristine said...

Awww, this is beautiful!! And peaceful too. LOVE how you made a double-side step card with the main image in the middle!! I'll have to try that one of these times =) THanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment on my MPS card!! *Ü* Have a great day!

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Lynne
What an adorable baby card! The coloring on your card is amazing, I love the glow of the moon, and the glitter, (gotta have my glitter!!). I wish I could get stampin up products where I am, they seem so good. Anyway, just love your card.
hugs
Marilyn

ileana said...

Hi Lynne! OMG, this is so cute!!! you are always so neat on your cards, they are perfect!
I love, LOVE, how you colored the image. Your choice of colors for the card is gorogeus, and your glittering is always amazing... look at that cute charm!!!
Hugs,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails