Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cupcake Card


I made this card today for a work colleague's daughter's 3rd birthday...which was last Friday...ooops!! Oh well, better late than never!

I made the card from a KNK cutting file that my very clever friend Helen created some time ago. There are 4 sections to the card: the cupcake 'paper' case base card, 'paper' case DP, icing top and a small cupcake shaped card that adheres to the back. I used CM pink CS from my stash for all the base pieces, DP from my stash for the cupcake 'paper' case (which has been put through a crimper to look like the real thing but doesn't show up well in the photo) and JAC paper covered with AED glitter for the iced top.

The cute little girl is Abby from Michelle Perkett's Etsy shop. She has a cute little dog with her which I used on the 60th birthday card I made in THIS post. They are called Abby and Walter and one day I will actually use them both together in a project lol!! I printed Abby onto a piece of Schizzi Sketching paper by Fabriano and coloured with pencils and OMS. She has been highlighted with a little glitter pen and some Frosted Lace Stickles for her frills. I cut her out and popped her up on foam dots.

A close up of cute little Abby:



Michelle has some seriously cute new designs at her PCP and CDAC groups that she has offered as freebies for the members of her groups. If you join either of her groups you will be able to grab them while they're available :) Michelle's images are very addictive...and beautiful to colour...so hop on over and join in the fun!

3 comments:

ileana said...

What a cuttie!!!! I love how you colored Abby! The glittered icing and the number 3 on top of the little cupcake are great! so beautiful card
Hugs!!

Michelle said...

Lynne, this is darling!!:) I love how you colored Abby's dress, it looks like a watercolor painting!!:) And I am CRAZY over the glitter on the cupcake!! YUM!!:) Such a fun birthday card, Lynne!:)

H2 :) said...

Hi Lynne. Abby is just gorgeous & she looks great on the big cupcake! Love all the sparkle! :) Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails