Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hey Birdie & Just Buggy!


Woo hoo...I'm on a roll this weekend :)  After not getting in hardly any crafting for the last couple of months, I've made 3 things in as many days!!

I've had this idea for a while now and haven't had the time to try it out.  I love the Kaiser wood products and use them a lot for my projects. One of my favourite things to decorate are the 10" square wood photo frames. The only problem with them is that sometimes you lose too much of the design on the 12 x 12 DP, either from the borders or the centre, where the opening is for the photo. I've been wanting to try a photo board like this one to get around those problems. I'm really happy with the result and will be making more of these :)

My lovely hubby cut a sheet of craftwood into approx 11 1/2" squares so I could experiment. The board has been painted with gold/green metallic craft paint and the DP adhered to the front. The DP I chose for this project is from the Kaiser Hey Birdie collection and just has the little tree, bush, mushroom and grass printed on it..it's called Skedaddle. The large tree was cut with my KNK Maxx from coordinating papers from the same range and the trunk and mats for the patterned circles are SU Soft Suede & Old Olive CS. The tree stump and cute girl are from CC Designs and have been coloured with Prismacolor pencils and OMS, cut out and adhered to the DP. The extra little birds have been cut from one of the matching papers and popped up on dots on the trees. The butterfly is a K & Co 3D sticker.

The centre pink circle is actually a photo frame. It fits a 4"round photo and is popped up on dots to allow the photo to slide in and out from the top...dots have been placed around the bottom and sides only.

The cute girl:


Thanks for looking...I'm off to see if I can create another photo board before I run out of weekend and have to go back to the work stuff!!

Edited to add: Yep...managed to get the other one done...here it is:


This one was fairly quick and easy as there's no colouring on it.  I searched everywhere for a little boy with bugs of some sort so I could colour and mount the image, to no avail :(  Doesn't feel quite right when I make something that doesn't have colouring...I am sooo addicted lol!

This photo board uses Kaiser DP from the Just Buggy collection...the background DP is a 12 x 12  and the photo frame has been made using papers from the 6" pad.  The wording is made with CM alpha stickers from my stash.

No more from me this weekend! I've had a lovely time playing but tomorrow it's back to the work stuff...maybe I'll manage a little play time during the week :)

3 comments:

Sammi said...

Oh these are gorgeous ... LOVE them!
Sammi
xxx

H2 :) said...

Lynne, both of your photoboards are amazing! The size works wonderfully with the DP & the tree "frame" you created sits perfectly in with the prints on the DP - very clever!
BTW the ORANGE alpha stickers look great! :) Hugs

ileana said...

Hi again my friend! I missed this post!
You made two gorgeous project here! so cute!! I´m going to give it a try some day, I want to have pics of my family around the house :-) and send them some of us and this is a great way!
Love the papers and all the details you added to each of them! I alway have problems when making things for boys, you are my source of inspiration!
Have a great day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails