Sunday, February 13, 2011

Melody in Love

I seem to be getting my Pollycraft projects into the challenge very late these days :(  I'm going to endeavour to be a bit earlier next week!!  The challenge theme this week is a sketch and LOVE...perfect for Valentine's Day (not that hubby & I celebrate Valentine's lol) :)

Here's my card:

I've used Melody in Love from Pollycraft...another image I've had for aaaages and hadn't used! I chose varying shades of green for the DP & Melody's dress so that the little red hearts would really stand out. The gorgeous DP is from the Kaiser English Rose 6" paper pad collection. The flourish, scallop heart and mat have all been cut with my KNK Maxx. The little tag is one of the die cuts from the paper pad, mounted on a punched circle. It's a bit hard to see in this photo but I've stamped "I Love You" on the tag in silver ink. To highlight the flourish I traced around it with a Sakura Stardust glitter pen.

I took this photo on an angle to catch all the glittery bits :)

And I think this photo is a better indication of the actual colours. If you click on the photo to enlarge it's easier to see the bling :)  Yet again I have photo'd this at night!! :(  Will I ever learn to get my projects finished in daylight hours???!!!

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

I am also entering this in the Digital Tuesday challenge:  From the Heart Valentines Day

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, Gold glitter CS
DP:  Kaiser English Rose collection
Stamps:  Felicity in Love from Pollycraft, Inkadinkado Greetings
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  SU Crystal Effects, glaze pen, SU River Rock ink, Silver ink, foam dots, KNK Maxx, Heart & Mat cutting file from Mamalaws

10 comments:

Sheena said...

Wow - I'm totally loving your card! The colours and colouring are fab! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week! Sheena xx

Dorcas said...

Wow Lynne! Youve done AWESOME on that image! It's spectacular!

Robyn said...

What a sweet card. Those papers are goregous!!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous, Lynne! I really love the colors that you used and your coloring is fabulous as always!!

Meesh said...

Absolutely stunning, Lynne. Her dress looks sooo gorgeous! I'd defo wear it myself! LOL.

Hugs,

Meesh. xxx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Lynne, great take on the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Natascha said...

Aww, this is really cute. Love your card. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.

Hugs, Natascha

H2 :) said...

Fantastic colouring Lynne & as Meesh said, Melody's dress is awesome! Love the DP, the bling & the perfect Mr Maxx swirls. Hugs :)

Pryn said...

Such a beautiful and sweet card Lynne! I love the soft colors...they are a fantastic complement to the image! Awesome work :)

Hugs to you!!

ileana said...

How gorgeous is your coloring on this one, Lynne! love, really love how you colored her dress, hugs!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails