Monday, May 9, 2011

All Boy

Here is my second GD project for Pollycraft. The theme this week for the challenge is Boyz to Men, set by the lovely Joanne. I've had this idea in my head for ages but needed an appropriate image to use with it...Paula came up with just the right one for me...thanks Paula...*waving*


I've used the cute new Hoppy Days image from the Swings & Slides collection by Paula at Pollycraft for the frame and card. What I love about digi stamps is that you can tailor them to suit your project...in this case, one large image and one small one :) Having said that...I'm not used to colouring such small images (for the card) so that was a bit challenging lol.

I LOVE this paper from Kaiser. It's from the Jungle Buggy collection...they are seriously cute boy papers. The frame uses one of the 12 x 12 papers and the card uses papers from the 6" pad.  Hoppy Days has been coloured with Copics. If you look closely you'll see that (on the frame image) I even gave him grubby knees and boots...after all, what self-respecting little boy would come home totally CLEAN after being out chasing bugs LOL  I know my son never did!!!  Nor does my grandson :)

The frame:
and...the card:

I usually struggle with male themed projects...girly stuff is sooo much easier!  I'm REALLY happy with how these turned out and will be doing more with that cute little bug-catching boy :)

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
Frame:
CS:  X-Press It blending card
DP:  Jungle Buggy from Kaiser
Stamp:  Hoppy Days from the Swings & Slides collection by Pollycraft
Colouring:  Copics
Other:  Kaiser 25cm square wooden frame, blue craft paint, KNK Maxx to cut words & shadow mats, foam dots, SU Baja Breeze ink for sponging edges
Card:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, SU Brilliant Blue (retired) & Pumpkin Pie
DP:  Jungle Buggy from Kaiser 6" paper pad
Stamp:  Hoppy Days from Swings & Slides collection by Pollycraft
Colouring:  Copics
Other:  Froggy charm from stash, foam dots

6 comments:

ileana said...

this is so gorgeous! love the papers, the way you used them, the image and your coloring, beautiful creations, Lynne! hugs!

Trina said...

Lynne, these are great projects! What a creative use of one of those big sheets of pp! I'm always looking at those trying to figure out how I can cut them just right for cards; now I have another idea!

Oh no... word verification!

Brenda said...

Lynne, this is so cute. I love that frame and that card is just perfect with it!! So darling!
hugs, Bren

Mary J said...

Love this! He is such a cutie and really shows off your colouring skills!

H2 :) said...

Brilliant projects Lynne - love them both! Your OTP stuff is always so inspiring. Paula's image is perfect for your buggy theme, right down to your perfectly coloured little boy's grubby knees, lol! Hugs

Louise F NZ said...

Awesome set Lynne, your colouring is fabulous and the image is totally cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails