Monday, May 23, 2011

Tea in the Twenties

Happy Monday everyone...although I guess it's back to work for a lot of you so it's probably not such a happy day lol but I'm happy coz it's time for another Pollycraft challenge :)  This week's theme is an Embellie Bingo challenge. Following the chart below, you must use 3 embellies in a row...either horizontal, vertical or diagonal.  I chose to use the row of : lace, gems, tag after a lot of procrastinating!!  I'm not that good with embellies at the best of times, so this challenge stretched me a bit, which is the whole idea of a good challenge...to get you out of your comfort zone and trying new/different things :)

Here's the bingo card:
And here's my card:


I've used the lovely Cherry Kisses Tea in the 20s from Pollycraft.  I haven't really tried vintage much so thought I'd give it a go. I'm obviously hopeless at the distressing bit as I couldn't bring myself to tear or rough up any of the elements lol  I did manage to give the edges a bit of distressing by sponging with ink so I hope that counts as vintage! All the DP used in this project is from a digi kit by Digi Chick.

I had a go at some tricky bits with this card...I paper pieced the dress with the same design as the shadow mats, printing it onto my Copic paper and cutting out the dress and arms as one piece. I also placed Miss CK onto a panel of the printed design paper and printed it on my Copic paper so I could colour her. A bit of messing around but I'm really happy with the result...this has opened up more options for backgrounds for me :)  I then used my Copics in coordinating colours to highlight and shadow the DP dress.

And a close up:


Originally I made this rosette as the 'flower' element for my card but changed my mind and went with the other embellies instead. FYI it's made with an MS border punch, the DP is cut 1" wide after punching and it's the width of an A4 sheet of paper.  I've scored the fold lines 1/4" apart. Here's a close up:


These are SOOOOO easy to make, and for someone who's not into using many embellies, I really like them :)

If you've stuck with me this far, you deserve a medal lol  This has been a longer post than normal for me.

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, SU Basic Black
DP:  Digi kit from Digi Chick
Stamp:  Cherry Kisses Tea in the 20s from Pollycraft, SU Short & Sweet (sentiment)
Colouring:  Copics
Other:  SU Oval & Scallop Oval punches, MS border punch, paper lace from stash, Kaiser rhinestones, SU Antique brad, foam dots

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Your card is awesome Lynne. Love the papers and colours. Will have to give that paper punched flower a go!

Hugs, Kylie ox

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, this is so pretty!! Love the fabulous color scheme. And I love that flower. Gorgeous!!
hugs, Bren

Unknown said...

O wow Lynne, your card is adorable, just love the stamp you used, so cute and that rosette is gorgeous. Thank you for your nice comment on my card. Hugs xxx

H2 :) said...

So, is my medal in the post? *wink* This one is really sweet Lynne. Love the colours & especially the digi papers you have combined. Yay for you on getting all those embellies on there & the "flower" is really neat - must give that a try. Big hugs. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails