Friday, June 24, 2011

Tiana's Card

Happy Friday everyone...time for another challenge at The Outlawz Copic/Promarker group. Our theme this week is Anything Goes...easy peasy...so come on over and join in. We have some great prizes on offer, which you can read about on the Main page and don't forget this is your last week to get an entry into all 4 June Copic/Promarker challenges to be in the running to win the fabulous prize of 10 Pollycraft digis!!!

Onto my card for this challenge...I used one of the very cute Sugarplums from CC Designs to make a birthday card for my workmate's daughter, Tiana.


The number four and its mat was cut with my trusty KNK Maxx then popped up on dots on the background DP.  Miss Sugarplum was coloured, cut out  and popped up on top of the four. Her balloon has been painted with shimmer mist, to look pearly...love that stuff :)

I'm not overly thrilled with this card. I know I keep my layouts fairly simple but I'm thinking this is too simple and lacking something. Maybe I should have embossed the four before putting it on the card...oh well, next time!!

Copic colours:
The missing number is BG10

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, SU Barely Banana & Whisper White
DP:  DCWV Glitter pad for background, Kaiser 6" pad for 4
Stamps:  CC Designs Sugarplum, Cute Stamps Birthday Numbers (on tag)
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens, shimmer mist
Other:  SU Scallop Circle & Circle punches, SU So Saffron Ink, foam dots


4 comments:

Anniebee said...

Oh, Lynne, this is just precious!!! Perfect for a little girl and I'm sure it's going to make her very happy to receive such a special card made just for her. I have a blog award for you. You can drop by my blog and pick it up whenever it's convenient. Congrats and have a lovely Friday!

Hugs,
Anniebee
http://anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute card and love the way you popped her up on the number four and it definitely is not to simple...it's perfect! Hugz, Colleen

Brenda said...

What a darling card. This card is simply perfect, it just does not need anything else for a 4 year old!!
Hugs~Bren

H2 :) said...

Tiana's card is so sweet Lynne! Love your placement of Miss Sugarplum & you know I am a sucker for a shiny balloon, lol! The big number is just perfect. Great card. Hugs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails