Friday, October 28, 2011

Too Cute to Spook

Hello everyone...our new challenge this week at The Outlawz Copic/Promarker group is Halloween...so we're hoping to see lots of cute, spooky creations from you :)

Not many Aussies celebrate Halloween so I have no idea what I'm going to do with this card but I had fun making it:


This is a very different fold card which I saw on Deneen's blog: A Path of Paper. She has instructions for how to make this type of card....called a Bendy Fold....HERE. I altered the dimensions of mine to make it my fave size.... 5 1/2" square....and to accommodate the fence :) It's a really easy card to make, unless you try to be really clever like me and make a fence that matches up!!!!!!! That bit was a little tricky lol It would be lots of fun to decorate and would suit any occasion. I'm definitely going to use this style again.

Here's the left front flap open....the wording says "Too Cute to Spook":


And with both flaps open:


The cute little witch is from Stitchy Bear Stamps and all papers are digi from Summer Driggs. The howling wolf and moon, with the starry sky, are one image, to which I've added the bat and sentiment panel from the elements in the kit. The fence and cat are also elements in the kit. I've layered the cat onto the fence, tweaked the fence panels to the right size (that was fun!!) then printed and fussy cut. To finish the back of the card I used a Halloween DP, cut slightly smaller than the card size.

Although I'm not a huge Halloween fan, I love how this turned out :)  Not often I'm really happy with the end result of my creative labours but this is one of those rare ones that I just love...why, I have no idea!


It's hard to see in the photo....her underskirt, hat band and dress bodice have been painted with shimmer mist and the stars twinkle thanks to a bit of Diamond Stickles :)  Looks very pretty IRL!

Copic Colours:
 Missing number: YG03

Thanks for looking...........have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, Regal heavy black 
DP:  Digi from Summer Driggs
Stamp:  Starr from Stitchy Bear Stamps
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  Shimmer mist, Diamond Stickles, foam dots

5 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh how clever, Lynne - I love this! Brilliant way to do the fence!

Tracy said...

You did an amazing job with this card! That really is a cool fold and little scenes are always fun to make. :-) Love it Lynne!

Unknown said...

Lynne for someone who doesn't celebrate Halloween this card ROCKS! Love the witch in front of the fence, bat and wolf in the moon! The entire card is awesome!! Hugz

H2 :) said...

So you don't know why you love it Lynne???? Let me help you, it's because it's
B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T.!!!!!!!
This is one amazing card - love the backdrop you have created, the amazing, (perfectly aligned) fence & the cute little witch. Happy Halloween!!! :)

Lorraine said...

Wow, I love this! The card design is so unique and that gate rocks! Also love your sweet colored image and that cool background! Stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails