Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Totes and Owl Box

Today is Easter Sunday here in Aus....the day Easter Bunny visits :)  We are having tea with our DD & family so we can give the grandies their Easter eggs. Last night I had a bit of a panic as I hadn't done anything to put the little eggs in for the girls, so I made the new little tote bag that Bird created for the KNK Team blog. I love Bird's files...she is so generous, she shares all her files for free...and they cut beautifully.

I made Kate the purple one and Amy the pink one then filled them with a tiny Lindt bunny and Cadbury solid eggs. They are also getting a Cadbury rabbit each :)


The CS is Kaiser textured 12 x 12. The DP is from my stash. I made the little tags from a coloured digi stamp by The Paper Shelter, traced it in MTC, made a shadow layer for the mat then punched a hole at the top once I put it together. I didn't want to use Easter paper on the totes as they can be used for some of the girls' little bits & pieces once the chocs are all gone...the tag is easily removed as it's tied on with narrow ribbon.

Our GS Jake is getting a book of the complete Deltora Quest series as he's recently had orthodontal work done and has a massive expander in the roof of his mouth and braces...poor little thing, I felt so sorry for him but he's doing really well with it all now.  I know he's been wanting this series and he can't eat too many sweet things with that mouth full of metal, so hopefully he won't mind not getting chocs this year.

After making the totes for the girls I had the bug to do some more cutting with Maxx. I've been thinking that the box I made from the SVG Cuts set in my last post, might work well in a smaller size so I could utilise some of my extensive stash of 6" paper pads!!! So I had a go at reducing it...worked perfectly :) Here's the result...it's about 5 1/2" square.


I didn't end up using a 6" pad, I used some very old, retired SU DSP that's been sitting in my stash for ever, waiting to get used. The box is made from Kaiser textured CS. Once finished I decided it really needed some embellishing, and what better way to embellish an owl papered box than with a cute owlie lol  I made the paper-pieced owl by chopping off the top part of the owl box that I made HERE , then making a shadow layer for it...all done in MTC of course! The owl was popped up on foam dots then matted on to the shadow layer, which was also popped up on dots to add to the front of the box. Gives a bit more dimension. If you'd like the owl box file it's in my original post to download for free :)


The owl's body was cut from the same Kaiser CS and then decorated & matted with papers from the Basic Grey Marjolaine 6" paper pad....yay, I did use a teeny bit of my 6" stash after all lol  I found some little googly eyes in a similar blue in the stash, so added them also. To finish off, he has little top-knot "feathers" made with some lovely teal SU ribbon that my lovely friend Helen sent me....waving at you Helen :)  {Helen sent me the most amazing box of goodies recently...sigh...I was in heaven when I opened it. It seemed bottomless! I don't think I've ever received such a wonderful box of things to play with :) }

I can't share the file for the box but I've added a link below for the little pieced owl. If you'd like to resize him just remember to put all the pieces together on the mat, select all and then resize. This way he'll resize proportionately :)  If you'd like the box file, please head over to SVG Cuts and buy the Maison de Madelaine set...it's a steal at only $6.99 considering what you get. And in case you're wondering, NO I'm not affiliated with SVG Cuts at all, so I don't get any kick-back for referring you there...just love their files and like to enable you when I find a must-have! After all, what are friends for if not to help spend your money lol

Here's the link for the zip file. It contains the MTC, SVG & PDF versions. Please let me know if you have any problems downloading it. The only thing I ask is if you'd like to share it with someone, please direct them to my blog to get the file...thank you!

Paper-pieced Owl

Thanks for looking............have a wonderful day :)


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Look at you! You're turning into a cut file master. Love all the boxes and especially the owls my friend. Hope you enjoyed your day with the grandkids. Hugs!

Mary J said...

These look amazing, Lynn! I love your sweet owl box!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails