Thursday, February 4, 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge #15


This is my entry in the Michelle Perkett Challenge # 15 The challenge this week is to make a treat box and matching tag. I love little boxes/bags/containers so I was keen to get into this one :) The DT projects are absolutely gorgeous! Great job girls :)

After a bit of dithering about what sort of box to make, I decided on this Gable Box. I found the tutorial HERE on SCS. I hadn't made this one before so did a test run on some scrap CS first. I decided to make the box bigger to more easily fit one of Michelle's images on the front. I had already decided to use her Love Fairy image as well as the Love freebie she provided for her PCP group, for the tag. I really enjoyed making this. The box was quick and easy to make so I'll definitely be making more!

The box is made from SU Old Olive DP. I printed the image onto Saxton 200 and coloured with Copics. I think my new best friends are glitter pens lol!...I used a few on this project. I love them because they are fine enough to go over the lovely detail work in Michelle's images :) All the small hearts are glitter pen and the large hearts have been coloured with Copics. Normally I would glitter the fairy wings...because, as you know, all fairies have glittery wings!!!!...but this time I decided to use dimensional glaze instead. The large hearts on both images are also glazed. The oval mounts and scallops were cut with my KNK Maxx. The scallop mounts are SU Real Red. The box is finished with a Kaiser red grosgrain ribbon.

I think it took me longer to tie the darn bow than to make the whole box!!!! Arrrgh!! I'm still not happy with it but gave up in the end! It's obviously an art I need to practice...even after going and watching a YouTube demo on how to do it!!!

9 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Lynne
Ilove your box and tag ....they are so pretty!!!
Your coloring is just beautiful.
I cant believe your a grandma of 5 you do not look aold enough.
Hugs Jean

Unknown said...

Oh Lynne, I love it! Your bag and tag turned out great!
hugs,
Gini

Michelle said...

Lynne, I love this!! Its so awesome!! I love how you used my Love fairy and the love image on your treat box!! Lovely design and coloring and the bow is perfect!! Thanks Lynne!!!:)

Rhonda Miller said...

Lynne, how cute. I love it. TFS.

Pattie G said...

Oh Lynne, I just love your treat bag and tag! Love the colors too... What is that shinny stuff on her wings?

hugs
Pattie

Lynne Armstrong said...

Hi Pattie...I used dimensional glaze on her wings :)

Nancy said...

AWWW Lynne, your box is so beautiful:O) Love the gorgeous green paper, beautiful colour combined with the red, cute design. The Love Fairy looks just adorable.
Thank you for sharing:O)
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Anjou Krelovich said...

Did I tell you yet how fabulous this is? Love the design and the way you repeated the scallops. Beautiful coloring too!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Wow~ beautiful! you are so good at coloring. Thanks so much for your stopping by and commenting on my card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails