Saturday, October 15, 2011

Save the Hooters!

Ooooops...I'm a bit late posting this :(  Silly Blogger and its scheduling probs...grrrrr
The challenges at our Copic/Promarker group at The Outlawz are a bit out of kilter due to our HUGE week of celebrations for our 1000 Member Party.  Our challenges resume their normal postings from yesterday :)

And before I get onto my project.....our Copic/Promarker group have a FABULOUS prize for the rest of our regular October challenges......THE FULL SET OF POLLYCRAFT "CHESTER" DESIGNS!!!  These are SOOOOO cute, you won't want to miss out on a chance at winning them. Plus, we have some other great prizes at The Outlawz for October....so come along and join us for some fun :)

Now that the business stuff is out of the way, our theme this week is Pink/Opal/Breast Cancer Awareness. As October is BCA month, I decided to go with that theme for my card....


I've gone with a humorous approach. How could I resist these cuties?? By now I'm sure you've figured out I'm a bit mad for owls lol  The image is Save the Hooters from Whimsie Doodles and I've coloured with my trusty Copics and glitter pen. I've blinged the bra up a bit....what self-respecting girl doesn't love a bit of bling!! The band has been glazed with a Sakura glaze pen, to look like satin, and some little rhinestones added. The 'cups' have shimmer mist painted on them for a little added sparkle....looks a bit like the lycra stuff used in lingerie :) Hard to see in the photo but IRL it looks very pretty.

I think we all know someone who has been touched by this awful illness. Over the years I've lost a couple of friends to breast cancer and 2 years ago one of my nieces was diagnosed with it. She ended up having a mastectomy, chemo, radiation and eventually reconstructive surgery....a long, difficult journey. I'm very happy and relieved to say that she is now doing really well....thank goodness!

Copic Colours

Thanks for looking............have a wonderful day :)
Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, SU (retired) Pink for card base
DP:  All retired digi papers from Scrap Orchard
Stamp:  Save the Hooters from Whimsie Doodles
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pen
Other:  Computer generated wording, Kaiser rhinestones, glaze pen, shimmer mist, SU Crystal Effects, foam dots

6 comments:

Mary J said...

Wow, your colouring is amazing Lynne! I love this and brilliant DPs!

I have luckily not lost anyone close to me with cancer but still plenty who have had it and luckily recovered.

Have a lovely weekend honey!

Lorraine said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colors, papers and your coloring is stunning! I hope I can play in this challenge (such a worthwhile cause!).

Melissa said...

Thanks Lynne for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Again, I have to tell you how awesome your card is. I love the touch of humor! I am adding you to my Google Reader and will be back soon!

Tracy said...

I just love these little hooters Lynne! They are adorable and I totally love the way you colored them. Your card is fantastique!

H2 :) said...

What an adorable pair!! They look gorgeous in the blingy lingerie. Great cause & great card Lynne - love all the mats & the pretty pink prints. Hugs :)

Roxann said...

This is one of my FAVE BCA cards! It would have to make anyone's day to receive it!
Hugz,
Roxann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails