Monday, April 12, 2010

Summer Lace


Here is my entry in the Michelle Perkett Studio challenge #24. The challenge this week is to use a favourite colour combo with pearls and lace. The DT did an amazing job with their cards this week...they are all beautiful. You can check them out HERE

Talk about cutting things fine...there's only 11 hrs until the deadline...and I'm going to be sleeping most of that away :) I've been wanting to play in this challenge all week but haven't managed to get the time. This isn't the project I wanted to do but it's better than nothing at all. I hope you are all sitting down...IT'S A CARD...LOL!!! And it's not green & purple!!  I ran out of time to do a 3D project :(

The base CS is SU Old Olive (one of my favourite colours). The DP is Kaiser from the Devonshire Collection 6 x 6 paper pad...yummy, rich autumn colours. The image is Summer from Michelle Perkett. You can get her, and lots of other beautiful images, from Michelle's Etsy shop HERE. She was printed on Express Graphx, Express It Blending Card, available from Sammi at Mad for Markers.  This is my first try with this new paper and I LOVE it...will be buying more! Summer was coloured with Copics and highlighted with glitter pen and glaze pen. The image was cut out and mounted on dimensional dots.

The lace frame was made with my embroidery machine and a design from Ace Points Embroidery. I cut the middle from the frame with a scalpel and finished with Kaiser pearls in the large flower centres. The large rose and leaves on the DP were spritzed with Glimmer Mist.

It's very hard to read but the words across the top of the DP read: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams...so true!

Here is a close-up of Summer...

10 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow lynne, this is gorgeous, 3D or not! I just love it, colors everything.

Pattie G said...

Oh Lynne, this is so pretty! I love the lace applique.

hugs
Pattie

Michelle said...

Lynne, this is stunning!! I love it!! I love her green dress and brown hair colors together and the glitter is gorgeous!! I love how you framed her in lace and pearls and love the dp in the background! Beautiful Lynne! Thank you for another amazing creation!!:)

Hugs,

Michelle:)

Nancy said...

OH this is stunning, Lynne:O) I Love that lace, it is awesome!!! Pretty design, and your colouring is brilliant.
Thank you for inspiration:)
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Robyn said...

I just love this card. It's so elegant. Great job!

H2 :) said...

Lynne, your card is so elegant. Love the frame you have made to pop Summer into (& I want beautiful shiny blonde hair just like her). Isn't it wonderful how all your favourite crafts tie in together.
Another beautiful piece.
Hugs :)

Kathy Czygan said...

Hi Lynn.........This card is very elegant! I love the way you placed Summer's arm over the Lace oval frame, and I love the touch of glitter you put on her gown. Very Pretty Lynn!

grandmalee said...

Another stunning beauty Lynne! I love the lace! WOW! I thought you cut up some old stuff like I've been wanting to do! Can't believe you made it! Your coloring on Summer is so beautiful down to the glimmer on the lips.

Sammi said...

wow! this looks Awesome Lynne! gorgeous image and perfectly coloured! Glad you like the paper.. have decided it's my favourite too!!
Sammi
xxx

Wordbird said...

Oh Lynne... this is so beautiful! ;D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails