Sunday, December 26, 2010

Royal Flower Fairy Box

Hellooooooooo everyone...yes, I'm still alive and kicking!! :)  It's been sooooo long since I blogged anything...I feel like I've been away for ever!  We run a business and I also work another job, so things got really, really busy leading up to our end of year break...then I came down with some dreadful lurgy that knocked me completely flat for 2 weeks :(  I'm still not 100% but on the improve every day...only coughed for 1/2 hr after going to bed last night...a BIG improvement on the 4 hrs I was doing to start with!!! This hasn't been my best Chrissy ever, but there's always another one to look forward to next year :)  And it will probably be here way too soon!  Anyhow...onto my project.....

I decorated this wooden box as a birthday pressie for my niece in Qld. Her birthday is 7th January and I'm often late for it, unless I'm organised before Christmas.  Thought I was going to be late with it again this year but seeing as how I was feeling so yuck yesterday, I sat and made this last night...cheered me up no-end...it's the first crafty thing I've done for a while.

Top of Box, Box & Box Open:

 And here's a close up of the gorgeous fairy:

The fairy is Royal Flower by Caron Vinson, from Sweet Pea Stamps. Caron's fairies are simply GORGEOUS. I've had some of these for a while now and haven't inked them up...will be using them more now that I've broken the drought :)  She was lovely to colour.

Unfortunately, I find it very difficult to get the sparkle and bling to photo well...this looks so lovely IRL. Her wings have been embossed with Polysparkle EP, her dress overlay spritzed with Glimmer Mist and glitter pens used to highlight her hair and colour the flowers...oh well, one day when I have nothing else to do, I'll take some photography lessons on how to photo special effects!

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Moving Along With The Times:   Anything Goes (No Christmas Cards!!)
Paper Play Challenge:  Anything But a Card
Mad for Markers:  Anything Goes

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card
Stamp:  Royal Flower by Caron Vinson
DP:  Kaiser from Garden Arabesque collection
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens, glaze pen
Other:  Wooden box from Shamrock Crafts, Off White craft paint, Kaiser rhinestone flower & single rhinestones, foam dots, MS double border punch, Polysparkle EP, Glimmer Mist

6 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lovely box, It looks great, Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT Hope you are having a great Festive Season
Hazelxo

Melissa said...

Love this. What a great gift idea.
Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers!

Lisa Jane said...

What a gorgeous box , i love the pretty lilac .I think your neice will love it too.
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for joining us at paper play with this gorgeous box, lovely image too, hope your feeling better and that your New Year is better, hugs Liz xx

H2 :) said...

Woohoo! You're back!!! And back with a bang, I must say! This project is beautiful Lynne & a lovely gift. Your fairy is stunning & I'm guessing even more so IRL with all the sparkle. Love the purple & green papers & the nifty border strip! :)

Sammi said...

Ooooh...this is just beautiful Lynne .. I'm sure it will be well loved!!

Thanks for joining in our Mad for Markers Anything Goes challenge!!

and Happy New Year... hope it's a wonderful one for you!!

Sammi
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails