Friday, April 22, 2011

Youth Fairy

It's Friday and time for another challenge over at The Outlawz Copic/Promarker group. This week's theme is Anything Goes...an easy one...so come along and join us. We'd love to see what you create :)

I saw this fairy at Mo's Digital Pencil a while back and loved her 'real woman' body lol...there are 3 of these fairies to choose from and they are all very cute! I wanted to make a birthday card for a friend with a good sense of humour and remember seeing a card on a blog somewhere with a male fairy and this wording:
"Many years ago the Youth Fairy flew into your bedroom and, waving her wand, said  "..... shall be forever young"  then inside the card it says...  "but you rolled over and squashed her and now look what happened!!"  I'm generally pretty good at noting where I find things I want to use, so that I can give credit to the creator, but this time I've been very remiss and not noted the blog address :(  If anyone knows who posted the original card, could you please let me know so I can post a link back to their card.


The frame around the gorgeous fairy is one of Penny Duncan's Shaplies files. Penny is the most amazingly generous lady...all her cut files are FREE to download from her blog HERE. So if you have an electronic cutter, go check out Penny's site...and leave her some love for all her generosity :)  I think some of the files are also available as PDF for those who don't own a cutter. Penny also has some free digital stamps to download...so hop on over there and say hello to her :)

Here's a close-up of the lovely lady :)  She reminds me of a sassy fairy godmother lol!!

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, SU River Rock & Purely Pomegranate
DP:  Basic Grey from the Lemonade paper pad
Stamp:  Fairy 3 from Mo's Digital Pencil
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  Sewing machine, superfine glitter, PDC Shaplies, KNK Maxx, American Crafts rhinestone brads, fairy charm (was an earring!) & jewelry spacer from stash, computer generated wording, SU Ticket Punch, foam dots

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne! I love your card. What a great image! Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

H2 :) said...

This is wonderful Lynne - I'm sure Annie got a kick out of it. Your sassy fairy is totally gorgeous & the wording is hilarious. Love it, love it, love it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails