Friday, May 20, 2011

Fairy Sweet Day

Hello everyone...yay, it's Friday and time for a new Copic/Promarker challenge over at The Outlawz. The theme this week is to show us your Colourless blender or Promarker techniques...a nice easy theme so come over and join in the fun, we'd love to see what you do with that colourless blender and those fab Promarkers :)  And don't forget there are some awesome prizes to be won!!

Here's my card:


I've used the very cute Birthday Gretel from CC Designs. I'm such a sucker for "cute" and CC Designs have LOTS of tempting cuteness to choose from...ahem...and I have a considerable collection of them!!

My colourless blender technique is on the balloons. I flooded the balloons with colourless blender before colouring them, starting with the back balloon and working forwards to the front one. This gives a lovely translucent effect when dry. Then I painted lightly over the top with some shimmer spray to give that soft, pearly look.  It's SOOOOO frustrating that I can't get the blingy bits to photo well :( 

I love it when something I have in mind actually turns out the way I envisioned it LOL  I'm really happy with this whole card! I don't do lots of pink things...and this is very pink!...but I still like it, even in all of its 'pinkness' :) 

And a close up of the little lady:


I'm absolutely LOVING these Shaplies from Penny Duncan...*waving* to you Penny...they are SOOOO much more versatile than Nesties!!  I can make them any size I want and alter them to suit my images. I stretched this one sideways to accommodate the wider image...just wonderful!! If you have an electronic cutter, go and check out Penny's site. These files are ALL FREE over there.  The link to Penny's site is in my sidebar :)  I'm sure most of them are also in PDF/JPEG format so if you don't have a cutter, and you do have some patience lol, you can still use them.

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, SU Regal Rose
DP:  Background paper is from the Party Time 6" pad by Papercraft, all other DP and the tag is from the Sweetcakes digi collection by Summer Driggs
Stamp: Birthday Gretel from CC Designs
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  PDC Shaplies from Penny Duncan Creations, Shimmer Spritz, SU Crystal Effects, computer generated wording, Cuttlebug, KNK Maxx, foam dots 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I have never seen the technique you used on the balloons but it looks fabulous! Great card Lynne!

H2 :) said...

Those balloons are glorious Lynne - you have captured their translucent quality perfectly! Gorgeous card - I'm lovin' your cute Swiss pixie & all that pink! Hugs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails