Monday, June 13, 2011

Chester in Love

Hello everyone...sheesh...I managed to get this posted with 5 mins to spare for the Pollycraft challenge of Love & Marriage!!!  Far too close for comfort for my liking!! Hello Helen *waving* I think you've taught me some bad habits...bwaahaaahaahaahaa!!!!!!!  I don't think I'll repeat the experience, it's definitely not good for the blood pressure :) I loaded the photo so I could link him up and I'm now back to do the post!!



I've used the sketch from this week's Inkspirations challenge for cute little Chester, who is of course from Pollycraft.  I've been wanting to get back into playing in the Inkspirations challenges but haven't seemed to find the time lately :(  My lovely friend Helen is one of the very talented members of the DT and creates some very clever, totally gorgeous projects.  I happened to be the oh-so-lucky recipient of her DT creation this week, which you can see HERE.  It's even more stunning IRL!!! Thanks so much Helen...MWAH

Righto...onto some deets about the card...The background has been made with DP using the inlaid embossing technique. Another lovely friend, Wendy, has made a ton of cards using this technique and I really loved the look of it so just had to order the SU embossing folder to have a play. This is my first try and I'm really happy with it :) I think it will be great for using up scraps. I'm such a hoarder and have lots of little bits I can use :)

A close up of little Chester:

I was in such a hurry to get Chester coloured up and posted that I totally forgot to outline his little heart in gold glitter pen and then glaze it with Crystal Effects :(  I'll go do that after I finish here!  And no photo of the Copic colours this time...sorry!

Thanks for looking....have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card,  SU Purely Pomegranate
DP:  Made With Love from Kaiser
Stamp:  Chester in Love from Pollycraft, SU Short & Sweet
Colouring:  Copics
Other:  SU Purely Pomegranate ink pad, SU embossing folder, foam dots, SU Crystal Effects 

4 comments:

Marisa said...

That image is too cute! Love the heart on the side panel and how yoe embossed them on the horizontal panel. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week.

Unknown said...

Cute Cute Cute monkey!! Your card is really fun and I love the textured background!

Anniebee said...

This little guy is adorable, Lynne! I love the texture of the background too. What embossing folder did you use to get that effect? I'm afraid I'm way behind in visiting your blog. Now that the Summer Party is over, I should have a little more time.

Hugs,
Anne

H2 :) said...

Boy, some people are cheeky! *wink*
Chester is sooo cute!! All the inlaid embossing looks fab Lynne. Great card. Hugs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails