Friday, December 16, 2011

Owl Pocket Card

Hello everyone...I'm running late again :(  Seems to be the norm lately! It's time for a new challenge at our Copic/Promarker group at The Outlawz. Our theme this week is Celebration...a really easy one for this time of the year :)  Hope you'll come and play along with us...and don't forget we have a FABULOUS Pollycraft prize up for grabs when our December challenges finish.

Here's what I came up with for this theme:


I went with a birthday celebration theme. I think this may end up being sent to one of my nieces for her birthday in January. If I don't get organised before Christmas, her present ends up being late.

I've made a pocket fold card with a flat tag card insert for the greeting and a bookmark to slip in with it. The cute little owl (YES, another owl lol) is from Pink Cat Studio. I think they are my favourite owls out of all the ones I have :)  AND....ta dah...I've made a FLOWER!!!!  Are you proud of me or what Helen LOL My lovely friend Helen has been making these for a while now and I fell in love with them. Not bad for someone who was never fond of paper flowers! I've been going to have a go at one of these for ages...they are SOOOOO easy to make. I think I feel another addiction coming on :) If you'd like to see a FABULOUS tutorial, head on over to Helens' blog and you'll find a few different flowers to make with this method. My flower parts were cut with my trusty KNK Maxx as I don't have the necessary punches. The wording on the bookmark was created with the Word Art feature in My Memories Suite...which I'm absolutely LOVING!

Here's a close up of the Bookmark:


And one of the Pocket with the lovely flower:


Copic Colours:

Thanks for looking..........have a wonderful day :)
Supplies:
CS:  Neenah Classic Ivory, SU Soft Suede & Very Vanilla
DP:  Spice Cake from SU
Stamps:  Pink Cat Studio, Amy R sentiment
Colouring:  Copics
Other:  SU Crystal Effects, glaze pen, Kaiser rhinestones & pearl, SU border punch, Crop-a-dile for eyelets, ribbon from stash, CM corner rounder punch

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in love with the Owl! he is sooo adorable!! Very sweet Lynn! Hugz

Unknown said...

I just saw I wasn't on your inspiring people...I have to go home and cry now......LMBO!!

H2 :) said...

OMG this is adorable Lynne! The little owl is gorgeous, as is the neat pocket. Love the matching watermark & the fabulous DSP too. Haha, you've finally succumbed to the allure of paper flowers, what can I say but bwaaaahaaaahaaaaa!!! ROFL!!! Hugs :)

Mary J said...

Oh Lynne, dinkums! I just love how you've done the sentiment and pocket!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lynne, your project is delightful and your flower is spectacular. It's hard to believe it is a first attempt.
Blessings,
Teresa

Carla S. said...

Wonderful project, Lynn! Love the design of the whole ensemble! Darling owl! And look at that beautiful flower! Kudos!

Tracy said...

Oooo I love those PCS owls too! This is so cute Lynne. You did an awesome job on the card design and I'm really lovin' that word art on the bookmark. :-) Hugs!

Mary J said...

Hello Lynne! Just in case we don't *speak* before, have the most wonderful Christmas and thank you for being such a fab blog mate!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails