Friday, January 20, 2012

Mo's Digital Pencil Housework Fairy

Hello all, happy Friday to you :)  We went back to work this week after our lovely, long 3 weeks off...I so enjoyed the time off and wish it could be longer...oh well!!

This week's challenge theme for our Copic/Promarker group at The Outlawz is GIRLS ONLY...a really easy challenge, so hope you'll come on over and play along with us.

For this challenge I've made a large, hanging tag:


The tag measures 3 3/4" x 5 3/4". I've used the Housework Fairy from Mo's Digital Pencil and coloured her with Copics and glitter pens. The tag has been cut with my trusty KNK Maxx from a free cut file by Birds Cards. The backing mat is heavy weight Antique Gold metallic CS...the tag is cut from a tealy coloured CM CS from my stash.  I matted the image panel with SU Perfect Plum.

There's a bit of a story to this.....for the last couple of years one of my BFF, Helen, and I have had a bit of a joke going backwards and forwards...we have both promised that if we ever found a housework fairy (housework not being our favourite pastime lol) that we'd share her :)  Imagine my delight when I found one at Mo's while browsing!!!  I just HAD to buy her and colour her up for Helen.

I chose to do the tag so I could send a little note with instructions on how to use it..."Hang on the door of whichever room you want cleaned and the fairy will work her magic"....BWAAHAAHAAHAA  Hmmmm...now to make one for myself and hope it works LOL

Unfortunately the photo doesn't show all the sparkly bits :(  The teal has been liberally spritzed with shimmer mist and the image details, such as the spots on her dress, have been coloured with glitter pens.  I wish I knew the secret to getting it to show in the photos!!  Looks really pretty IRL:)

Copic Colours

Thanks for looking..........have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press It blending card, Antique Gold metallic CS, CM Teal Blue, SU Perfect Plum
Stamp:  Housework Fairy from Mo's Digital Pencil
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  KNK Maxx, tag file from Birds Cards, shimmer mist, foam dots, Versa Copper metallic ink

4 comments:

Trina said...

I know she'll be tickled when this tag arrives! Fab coloring!

Carla S. said...

Love this fun tag, Lynne! The tag design and image are fantastic, as is your coloring! I am sure Helen will love it!

Tracy said...

I really love this project Lynne. Your coloring looks amazing and the tag is a fun idea, especially the way you're going to use it for your friend. :-) Great inspiration! Hugs!

H2 :) said...

Not just pretty Lynne, the whole tag is glorious IRL! Thank you so much for my fabulous fairy - the image is fantastic & your colouring is superb (as always!) Absolutely adore her - now, if only she would get to work!!! Big hugs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails