Friday, February 10, 2012

Saturated Canary Queen of Hearts

It's Friday again and I'm back with a new challenge for our Copic/Promarker group at The Outlawz. Our theme this week is Valentines/Anniversary/Friendship...any form of love will do lol  Hope you'll come and play along with us this week and show us some LOVE-ly projects :)

From this month we will be offering a tutorial as part of our challenge in the middle of the month....the first one up is a fabulous Copic/Promarker technique tutorial by our very own Dawn. This is such an easy technique and lots of fun to play around with, so come on over and have a look at it (and download the free PDF).  The technique is OPTIONAL for the challenge, so if you'd rather not use it, you don't have to...we'd still love to see your LOVE projects!!

Here's mine...I've done another calendar page:


The colour blocking technique is lots of fun and because our theme is Valentines, etc, I decided to make a heart with it. I started off with a solid heart but wasn't happy with it...thought it was a bit heavy...so cut the middle out to give me a frame. You can't really go wrong with this technique, it's very free-form. A bit out of my oh-so-balanced comfort zone lol but I really enjoyed playing with it.

The gorgeous image is Queen of Hearts from Saturated Canary. I'm loving colouring Krista's images, their faces are sooo pretty, and for me it's often the face that makes or breaks an image.

She's been matted with Swiss Dots embossed SU Bashful Blue and SU Night of Navy. I've coloured her with my trusty Copics and glitter pens then glazed her boots with SU Crystal Effects.

Copic Colours:



Thanks for looking.........have a wonderful day :)
Supplies:
CS:   X-Press It blending card, SU Bashful Blue, Night of Navy & Very Vanilla
DP:   Digi from My Memories (layered on V.Vanilla for calendar page)
Stamp:   Queen of Hearts from Saturated Canary
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  Swiss Dots embossing folder, Su Crystal Effects, SU Dazzling Diamonds, Diamond Stickles, foam dots

12 comments:

Mary J said...

That is soooo cool, Lynne! Gorgeous colouring!

Carla S. said...

Fabulous calendar page, Lynne! Your coloring is amazing!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Love how you did this calendar page Lynne - fabulous colouring and I think your heart frame is perfect for this month!!

Lorraine said...

EEK, Lynne, gorgeous calendar page! Love your coloring of that sweetie and the embossed background!

Linda Palmer said...

This is so beautiful. I love how you colored her and as much as I love Krista's images I think some are hard to color. You always do a beautiful job on anything you color.

Tracy said...

Wowza yowza another gorgeous calendar page from you Lynne. :-) I finally got brave enough to try a SC image. Whew! Talk about intimidating, but they are so gorgeous. You did an awesome job with the shading and I totally agree about the face being a make or break point with an image. You are going to have one amazing calendar lady! :-) Hugs!
Oh goodness I think you just gave me a cool idea for a mini I started and got stumped on! MMMMMMMWAH!

H2 :) said...

I am so glad I got to see this little lady IRL. The photo does not do her justice - she is amazing!!!! Beautiful colouring Lynne! The colour blocking technique looks fab & "go you" on using the heart frame in an offset position, (never say never, LOL!!!) :)

Darlene Lyons said...

Lynne, you work is amazing, I had to come and find your blog. Thanks for all the blog love over at Outlawz! I'm new to the blog world and love to meet everyone. You can find my blog at www.scrappyduesbydarlene.blogspot.com if you would like to see some more cards. Have a great day!

Shelby said...

Beautiful coloring Lynne! Each element of this image is just colored to perfection.

Shelby

Michele Spera said...

Lovely job on this card:-) I love the coloring and shading :-) Cute idea with the calendar! Thank you for joining us at CMC
Hugs
Michele

Maire Gamber said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thank yo for joining us at CMC! Wonderful calendar!
Hugs,
Marie

Kathi said...

Gorgeous coloring on your great calendar page!

I love that heart and the shading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails