Sunday, October 21, 2012

This is where I fell asleep.....

No, not me...my granddaughters when they get these lol

Hello everyone...This is my first project as a member of The Squirrel & The Fox Design Team. Our challenge this fortnight is to "USE A RIBBON" I think my interpretation is a bit outside the box, so I hope the girls still want to keep me when they see this! :)

Our sponsor for this challenge is the lovely Saffie from The Digi Garden. You really NEED to go check out her designs, they are sooooo cute...and you all know by now what a sucker I am for cute!!

I made these little bookmarks for my two youngest granddaughters, Kate & Amy. They are only 13 months apart in age, so it's a lot like having twins in the family. You daren't do something, or give, to one and not the other...doesn't go down well at all!!! Kate is a blonde-haired little purple princess and Amy is a brown-haired little pink terror lol I'm going to put these with the little crocheted bags I've made them for Christmas. They both love their books so I'm hoping these will be well received...you just never know with kids :)


The very cute image is called Ursula's bedtime Stories and has been printed on to X-Press It blending card (my fave colouring medium) and coloured with Copics. I've used specialty DP from Best Creations Inc. for the backing & the tags. The hair bows have been finished with a clear Spica pen and the bunny slippers are done with Frosted Lace Stickles...so they look fluffy and sparkly all at once :) The edges of the image panel are inked with SU Perfect Plum & Regal Rose.




Please go and visit my teamies blogs to see their gorgeous creations...the links are all on my sidebar.

Thanks for looking...........have a wonderful day :)


9 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

They are darling bookmarks Lynn. I love them and think that you are quite clever to use the ribbon like this.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

These are simply adorable Lynn :) Very cute images and lovely design with the ribbon but my fave bit is the sentiment - just perfect for a bookmark!

Carla S. said...

Congrats, again, Lynne! Your bookmarks are absolutely gorgeous! As always, wonderful designs! Hugs!

Tracy said...

These are adorable Lynne. :-) I'm sure the princess and terror will love them especially since they're from grandma. Hugs!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a cute set of bookmarks and a great kick start to your new DT gig. Congrats!

Penny said...

Lynne, your granddaughters are going to love these darling bookmarks! Love that you personalized them--the images are adorable and beautifully colored. Love the little fairy tale images, too. Perfect use for a ribbon challenge! :^)
Hugs, Penny

pinky said...

They are just gorgeous and so cute.

H2 :) said...

Absolutely adorable, Lynne (just like your grandbabies!) Hugs xo

Lorraine said...

Congrats on the new DT, Lynne! I have been loving your 3D projects, these bookmarks are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails