Sunday, January 27, 2013

Miss Molly in her Polka Dot Outfit

Hello there...we have a new challenge for you at The Squirrel & The Fox. Our theme this fortnight is Something New...I'm sure you can find something hidden away in your stash that you've never used...so please come and play along with us :)

Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is The Digi Garden...LOVE these cute images! My something new is the Molly digi...isn't she the cutest little thing :) I've made this for an upcoming 3 year old's birthday (in April, aren't I organised lol).


Please excuse my photographic skills (or should I say lack of!) in this photo...seem to have snapped the card on a bit of an angle this time :(  Anyhow...the base card is 120 x 170mm (approx 5 x 7 inches) and has been cut from SU Rose Red, as have the mats for the panels. The DP is Grant Archival. Little Miss Molly has been coloured with Copics, a little Prisma Pencil and her hair higlighted with a Spica pen. I've added little rhinestones to her top for a bit of bling. What little girl doesn't like a bit of sparkle lol Rhinestones have also been added to the corners of the horizontal panel.

I haven't coloured in a while and I definitely felt very rusty! To top that off, literally on the last curl I was colouring, the dratted Copic I was using decided to do a big "blob" of ink......GRRRRRRRRR...not happy Jan!!!!!!!  I've fixed it as best I can so I hope it's not too noticeable. I couldn't bring myself to throw it out and start again when I'd finished the whole thing! Of course, the colour that blobbed was the darkest colour...Murphy's Law! Boy, that Murphy has a lot to answer for!!

I wanted to add a sentiment...Happy Birthday or something...but I couldn't decide where or how I wanted to place it, so might go back and do that before I give the card. Maybe I'll just try a 3 and see how I like that. Obviously rusty at making cards too :)

Here's a close up of the little lady:


Please go and visit my teamies' blogs and have a peak at their wonderful creations...well worth the trip :)  Links are all in my sidebar.

Thanks for looking..........have a wonderful day :)


8 comments:

Tracy said...

I don't see a thing wrong with those curls so no worries. :-) The DG images are really sweet. Just picked up a couple of FB freebies today in fact. Wish I could be as organized as you. :-) Hugs!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Gorgeous image and awesome coloring.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card. The image is adorable and your coloring is terrific.

Penny said...

Lynne, you silly goose. I noticed nothing before OR after you mentioned your ink problem. So you needn't have told us. ;^)
I think you have colored her beautifully and I love the colors, papers & design! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Mary J said...

I can't see the blog so you must have fixed it fine, Jan! This is such a happy sweet card, I love it!

ileana said...

Hi Lynne!! what a gorgeous card! I don´t see you have any problem with the coloring, it looks fantastic to me! have a beautiful day, hugs!

H2 :) said...

Absolutely adorable, Lynne! Can't see one spot of rust here, lol! Love those dainty, layered prints. Hugs xo

Lorraine said...

EEK how cute is this little girl image! Love your coloring and the colors/patterns of your design!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails