Monday, December 17, 2012

Star Ornaments

YAY...I'm getting to the end of my Christmas projects! When I saw the ornament on the cover of the SU mini catalogue I just HAD to make one lol So, I lashed out and bought the set of dies and stamps. Now I have to make LOTS of these to justify the outlay!! Having only received my order last week, I didn't think I could manage to get any done in between all the other things that  needed doing...but...a few (very!) late nights later, I have 3 done! I'll have to work on some more after Christmas and get them ready to send for Christmas next year. I'm aiming to make one of these for each of my best friends :)

This is my first effort...red & green:


And the back...


Then I made a purple & green one :)


Then a green & red one:


I wanted to make a box to store this one and was going to use a template I found online but then had the bright idea of using the empty Lindt boxes that were left from the Lindt treat boxes I filled. They are the perfect size. I created the top panel in MMS and printed extra coordinating papers to make side, bottom & inside liner panels. All the elements used for this are from a digi kit by Summer Driggs called Believe...love this kit!


Here's the ornament snuggled into its box...


Cardstock is all SU...Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Riding Hood Red, Real Red. Matching ink pads were used. The last ornament was stamped with green Ranger Archival ink. Centres are Kaiser Sparklets and a rhinestone circlet. Tulle & organza were sourced from Spotlight. The Christmas sentiment on the back is a freebie from Bizzy Bec's. I spritzed the last ornament liberally with  Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist...looks lovely IRL.

If you'd been watching me with the glue gun, you'd probably have been rolling around the floor laughing...I had the stuff EVERYWHERE!!!!!!  Little strings all over the place lol  I got better as I went along but I don't think the glue gun & I will ever become the very best of friends :)

I'm entering these in the following challenges:

Anything But a Card - Challenge #8
Crafting For All Seasons - Green & Red + Glitter/Sparkle
Divas by Design - Use Some Red


Thanks for looking........have a wonderful day :)


8 comments:

happyglitzygirl said...

Looks wonderful, good job, well done. I left my run too late I think, but will need to invest in the same for next year. Looks great. Blessings Hilde

cotnob said...

These are beautiful ornaments and a fabulous box.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Cindy van Oorschot said...

fabulous job on the ornament, I've made a few of them, some with stamping and some with designer paper, love that purple and green one though. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all seasons

Tracy said...

Oh these are beautiful Lynne! Very clever to re-purpose those candy boxes. You've got some lucky friends. :-) Hugs!

Penny said...

These are gorgeous, Lynne! I had thought of doing some, too, but have no time. You did a great job with them and I love the storage box! :^) Clever you! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jayne A said...

Oh wow your ornaments are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Diva's this time

Hugs
jayne

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fabulous ornament.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Unknown said...

Wow Lynne thank you for joining us this time for our RED GREEN and SPARKLY Challenge at
Crafting for all Seasons .
Your Decorations are fabulous , I wish you a Merry Christmas and Good Luck Hugs Elaine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails