Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bugaboo Christmas Tin

Hello...it's starting to look a lot like Christmas in our house now! It's getting very close...Santa will soon be on his merry way lol

Today I have my DT project for our new challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox...our theme this fortnight is CHRISTMAS. A really easy one for this time of year, so no excuse not to play along :)

My project is a repurposed tin! I've been wanting to do one of these for such a long time but just never seemed to get around to it. Not sure what the fascination with repurposing tins is all about lol but I think I've satisfied the urge now.


The tin started out looking like this:


Here's a view from the top of the finished project:


I really wanted to add something dimensional to the lid but couldn't come up with anything I was happy with. Maybe I'll turn up something suitable before I either give it away or find a use for it. I just feel it's a bit blah on top.

I used a Bugaboo Santa from the Stocking Santas set. I've made great use of these this year :) He's been printed onto X-Press It blending card,  coloured with Copics and highlighted with glitter pens. His beard is puff paint and his trims are Stickles. He has been fussy cut and popped up on foam dots. These Santas are soooo cute, I'm loving colouring them up.

These are the other little cupcake boxes I made with the other Santas in the set...following on from my post HERE. I'm really happy with how these turned out.


Please go and check out the beautiful projects by the rest of the DT...links are all on my sidebar.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Anything But a Card - Challenge #8
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Cute Christmas 

Thanks for looking..........have a wonderful day :)


4 comments:

Tracy said...

He;s so cute!!! I love the puff paint texture on his beard. Hope you find a fun purpose for this really cute can my friend. :-) Hugs!

Lisa xx said...

Oh what a cute and christmassy tin, such a sweet image! thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

Penny said...

Lynne, this is just darling--love that Santa & your coloring. He looks so cute on that background paper. :^) It would make a great gift container!
Love the cupcake boxes, too! Those Santa images are adorable! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne, awwww aren't these just the sweetest images and fabulous creations.

Love the tin and the little boxes are fab!

Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails