Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kissing Couple...and some exciting news :)

Hello everyone...I have some very exciting news.....drum roll :)....I have managed to get a place on the DT for the Copic group at The Outlawz....YAY...doin' the happy dance right now :) :) :)  This has been a very trying week for me, so this news has brightened me up no-end!!  I'm on my lovely friend Tammy's team...a lot to live up to...her work is truly awesome!  Come on over and join in the fun :)
Edited to add:  The Copic challenge is now the COPIC/PROMARKER Challenge...YAY...this means all our talented Promarker artists can come play with us too :)

Here's a card I made to enter into 3 of the challenges at The Outlawz : Tuesday Colour Challenge - Red, Pink & White, Wednesday Challenge - Sketch, Friday Copic Challenge - Show me some red love.  I was aiming to do a birthday card and put it in the Monday Birthday Challenge but couldn't decide on an image to colour in reds!!!!

This really was a BIG challenge for me as red & pink aren't my favourite colours...or colour combo...but that's the whole idea of challenges...to stretch you and push you out of your comfort zone :)


I've used the Val & Vinnie digi stamp from Michelle Perkett, available in her Etsy store HERE.  Michelle has some gorgeous images...well worth a visit to her store :)  I have a rather large collection of them lol!  I've had this one for a-a-ages but it has just been sitting waiting for me to do something with it (along with a 'few' others!)

Here's a close up of the cute couple:

Now that I see the card finished I realise that by leaving his pants white they now look a lot like PJ pants LOL...you will just have to imagine she's giving him his good morning kiss!!!!

Colouring with reds isn't my fave pastime...they bleed so easily...and why on earth I chose such a delicate image to use them on is beyond me...silly me :)  Anyhow, I didn't do anything too drastic with the bleeding...phew!

Thanks for looking...have a wonderful day :)

Supplies:
CS:  X-Press blending card, SU Whisper White & Real Red
DP:  Retired digi paper from Jady Day Studio
Stamp:  Val & Vinnie from Michelle Perkett
Colouring:  Copics, glitter pens
Other:  Glaze pen, CB Tiny Tags die, ribbon & heart button from stash, SU border punch, SU Crystal Effects, brad, foam dots

7 comments:

H2 :) said...

Woohoo big time!!! Congratulations on becoming an "Outlaw" Lynne. :)

Super cute card - you've worked those pinks & reds beautifully & I love the fact that Vinnie is possibly sporting his PJs!

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats on making the Outlaw team.
Your card is gorgeous. I love how you've colored the image. TFS.

ileana said...

Congratulations!!! a well deserved position :-)
Beautiful card too! love his pants! I have some pj like those too hahaha love the color you chose and the glittered heart, great embellishment!

Brenda said...

Welcome to the team!! Love your card. Wonderful coloring!

Roxann said...

I love this card, Lynne! Glad you are on the team!

Dorcas said...

THis is super cute,Lynne! Your work is wonderful. Thanks for becoming my follower. I'm yours too. :-)

Sammi said...

oooh.. Congrats on your DT spot! Gone to sign up for the challenge site.. sounds fun!!

This couple looks so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails